How does Metrics provide support for it's software?
If your issue is not addressed in the Knowledge Base it is most efficient to assist you if you submit a support ticket through your Customer Portal. Please provide the following information:
1. Your software License Number (also known as Customer ID (CID) / Registration number). The sequence will be IA######A, IH#####A or MK#####A, etc. (# represents a number).
2. Version of software and last HotFix applied. If you are using a currently supported version be sure you have applied the latest HotFix (HF##) available at our website accessed through your customer portal. The issue you may be experiencing may have been addressed in the latest Hotfix. The latest Hotfix contains all previous Hotfix resolutions.
3. List of equipment you are using to test your devices.
4. The ICS project file or VBScript algorithms being executed.
5. Screen shots of the error code (Alt->Prt Scr) to capture the error window. Images sent from a camera are often illegible.
Why do I need to download a HotFix?
How do I find my License Number (also known as Customer ID (CID) / Registration number)?
1. Start Metrics software For ICV go to TOOLS -> SYSTEM CONFIGURATION click on the ABOUT Information tab. For all other products (ICS, Win4145 or Win4156) go to the HELP->ABOUT tab.
2. The license (registration) number should be displayed in a dialog box. The sequence will be IA######A, IH#####A or MK#####A, etc. (# represents a number)
What if my security key is not being read?
Try a different port to see if the key is recognized.
Make sure that the User Account in your Windows OS had administrator privileges to install and run the software.
If you recently installed a HotFix was it the version that corresponds with your version of software? Installing an incorrect version will impede the software and hardware key from communicating.
If you see this Error message: “the security plug cannot be detected or is malfunctioning” check the Device Manager to verify there are no Windows resource conflicts. You will need to check for the device under Universal Serial Bus controllers. It will be listed as Rainbow USB SuperPro or SafeNet USB SuperPro/UltraPro based on the version of your license. If there is a conflict it’s probably with one of the built-in COM devices (i.e. the trackpad, point stick or modem, or some other serial device) you may need to disable the other device temporarily to see if you can get Windows to recognize and install the Sentinel Pro driver. If the error message please submit a support ticket through your customer portal for additional instructions and assistance.
After upgrading to Windows 10, I get Unable to start external nSpace server?
In order to correct this error on startup you will need to manually register the nSpace server component using the Command Prompt executed with elevated privileges as Administrator. Please perform the following steps:
1. At the Windows 10 search field on the taskbar type “cmd”.
2. You should see the Command Prompt App in the list of results.
3. Right click and select “Run as Administrator”.
4. In the command console window type the following:
5. Try running Metrics ICV and then start ICS or launch Metrics ICS from the desktop icon.
If this doesn’t fix the problem try again but restart Windows 10 before attempting to start ICV or ICS.
Why isn’t the trial software installing?
Why isn’t the trial software saving data?
Can I use the software on multiple computers?
If you would like to read the manuals offline copy this directory C:\Metrics\Help to your laptop and then you can access those manuals without running the complete software application.
What file export formats are supported?
How many Points per Vector are allowed by Metrics ICS data window?
Does Metrics software support OLE Automation?
Does Metrics ICV support NBTI-on-the-fly?
Do you still sell and support pcAccess software?
Our Win4145 provides a solution for using a PC with current Windows Operating Systems to control the HP4145 A/B and acquire the data via the GPIB interface on the instrument. It requires a PC with GPIB PCI card or USB-GPIB cable adapter.